“You’re the only one who knows when you’re using things to protect yourself and keep your ego together and when you’re opening and letting things fall apart, letting the world come as it is. Working with it rather than struggling against it. You’re the only one who knows.” Pema Chodron
Spend 20 Minutes Daily to Change Your Life By Refocusing Your Attention.
The top three ways to change your thoughts:
1. First, breath in and breath out while you focus on your breathing. You can’t think two thoughts at the same time–so let go of negative and focus on breathing.
2. Second, center yourself.
3. Third, if you have time, do a full body scan to find where you are holding on to your pain. Mine is generally in my neck muscles as I hold myself rigid.
Check your commitment-
In order to change your life, check yourself to make sure of your commitment. If you have so many activities that you can’t commit to doing the necessary work and effort, then you won’t be able to bring change to your life.
The following conditions should exist if this is the time for you to incorporate life change into your life. You will benefit the best if you:
(1) Have made the decision to change habits that are robbing you of your energy,
(2) Will find the time to begin incorporating the chances into your daily life,
(3) Willing to let go of self-limiting behaviors that were effective as a child but which impede your success now as an adult,
(4) Accept that the changes may be something that you don’t want to do,
(5) The only change we as individuals can make happen is in ourselves, and,
(6) Understand that we don’t spend time on other people or the past. Whatever happened can’t be changed. But we can change our feelings about it by changing our thoughts.
Life is exciting and vibrant when your energy is directed toward those things you can change. The best use of our energy really is the Serenity Prayer: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference” Reinhold Niebuhr