I love the quick links that bloggers provide when they find great posts. They don’t fit into a neat category or index and I love the randomness the most.
1. From The Art of Simple: “Weekend Links”: by Tsh
- We can’t be friends :: Dugans in Cahoots
- Russell Brand: My life without drugs :: The Guardian
- Dance in your kitchen :: The Nester
- TGIF: Paris, the grass ain’t greener, y’all :: She Loves
- This video is proof that skiing the Olympic downhill course is terrifying :: USA Today
2. From Dooce: “Stuff I found while looking around“:
Liv and Phileas’ photo stream on flickr. Coco is super jealous.
– How Much Caffeine Before I End Up in the E.R.?
– What If the World’s Soil Runs Out?
A rough calculation of current rates of soil degradation suggests we have about 60 years of topsoil left. Some 40% of soil used for agriculture around the world is classed as either degraded or seriously degraded – the latter means that 70% of the topsoil, the layer allowing plants to grow, is gone.
– Hilarious bad lip reading of NFL players
– Los Angeles Overreacts to Cold Temperatures
– Andrew Sullivan’s quote for the day:
Every straight person already knows everything important there is to know about a gay person’s needs and loves and lives. Just look in the mirror. We are human before we are gay or straight. We are you.
– The Inspiration Archive, collected by Teodorik
– This is hilarious, but now I’m going to have nightmares for, oh, the rest of my life.
– 2013 New Years resolutions illustrated
– I can guarantee you that before this happened not one of these three people ever left a bad tip.
– This. This is for Cami.
– Max Sebald’s Writing Tips: You sometimes need to magnify something, describe it amply in a roundabout way. And in the process you discover something.
3. From The Daily Muse: “Best of the Web-February 16, 2014“:
- I Followed My Own Productivity Advice for a Week (Fast Company)
- How to Get Past the Excuses That Are Holding You Back (Alexandra Franzen)
- What to Do if You’re Stumped During an Interview (POPSUGAR)
- 5 Ways to Make Sure Your Boss Knows Just How Awesome You Are (The Daily Muse)
- Get Almost Everything You Want—For Less (DailyWorth)
- One App to Rule Them All: 30 Ways Evernote Can Improve Your Life (The Art of Manliness)
- 10 Tech Chores for Snow Days (Apartment Therapy)
- The Easiest Way to Add a Little Zen to Your Workday (The Daily Muse)
- How to Watch the Sochi Olympics Online Without a Cable Account(Lifehacker)
- Personalized Print Guides for Showing Your Friends Around New Cities(Springwise)
- How to Bring Paris Into the Bedroom (and Other Breakfast in Bed Ideas)(Fathom)
- 5 Fabulous (and Cheap!) Work Looks From Refinery29 (The Daily Muse)
[…] Many Great Bloggers Include Blog <b>Links</b> to Posts/Articles They Love <b>̷… […]