For several years I have wanted a source that I could use to find specific links about a specific topic. The information tools I currently use are: Google (for pinpointing a specific question); Google Reader (checking on over 600 blogs); Pageflakes (for news and current events plus specific categories); Alltop (my magazine for topics); and Delicious (my bookmarks). Several of these I can use to search for a topic, but then I have the tedious task of reading the posts and choosing the ones to use. Instead I wanted a one-click solution to finding links about a specific topic.
I have decided to use each of my 6 blogs to catalog relating links for the following main categories. Each post will be about a specific aspect of each of the following categories:
(1) Changemaker: Reinventing Yourself— Link lists for spiritual/religion/spiritual practices
(2) Answers By Email: Changemaker Personality Test—Link lists for finding your passion/career/work/employment
(3) Changemaker Groups—Link lists for social networks/facebook/twitter/myspace
(4) Changemaker Library—Link lists for social issues/causes
(5) Healing for You–Link lists for lifestyle choices/voluntary simplicity/sustainable living/homeschooling
(6) High Energy Goals—Link lists for health/wellness/fitness/food/diet/exercise
I am beginning this new adventure of being a blog indexer today, Jan. 19, 2009. I hope that my service may be an aid to your life online.