Category Archives: Uncategorized
Some of the things that help many people are:
(1) Always have a plan for getting out of a rut. Continual stress without relief can easily lead to depression.
(2) Move to another project to work on if the lag is happening at the office,
(3) Take some time to do something creative and fun. Many times, creativity will help lead us back to our joyful, playful inner child.
(4) Call a trusted friend and vent out the feelings. Be careful to do this once so that the venting doesn’t take the place of real action.
(5) If your stuck place has been going on for awhile, consider hiring a life coach. An objective viewpoint will often offer new ideas or ways to change the situation or solve the problem.
(6) Maybe you need a whole day for yourself to do exactly what you’d like to do. Schedule these mini-vacations often to avoid burnout.
(7) Now is the time to schedule more meetings, call some new possible customers, or write a new marketing plan. Get moving!
(8) Maybe you need a physical jolt of exercise. Try a new sport, ride a bike, go swimming, go to the gym—whatever works for you,
(9) Get outside and get reconnected with nature. Smell the air, check out trees, listen to the birds, walk on new streets, go to the beach, or visit a local park.
(10) Have restorative hobbies such as volunteering, gardening, or fishing. Over time, they become welcome friends to return to over and over.
Some other links:
1. From one of the best bloggers ever, Leo Babauta: “The Little Guide to Contentedness”
2. From a holy experience: “When You Feel like Your Life’s a Mess….The Real Truth About Your Dirt”