Transactional Analysis: Take the TA Quiz
This quiz is reprinted from an online source. To do it the easy way, use paper with 2 columns–plus and minus or agree/disagree. Write down in each column, the number of the statement that you agree with or disagree with.
Transactional analysis quiz is reprinted from Learningnetworkgroup:
TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS QUESTIONNAIRE
There is no time limit to this questionnaire. It will probably take around ten minutes to complete. The more spontaneous and honest you can be, the more accurate the results probably will be.
If you agree more than you disagree with a statement, mark a plus (+) in the box.
If you disagree more than you agree, mark a minus (-) in the box.
1. Teenagers would be better off if they tried harder to understand
and utilize the experiences of older people.
2. I enjoy fast driving.
3. Generally I manage to keep a calm appearance even when I am all
4. There are too few people nowadays with enough courage to stand up
for what is right.
5. People who tend to be “Bossy” actually lack self-confidence although
they may not realise this.
6. I do not like it when people are not clear about what I say and ask me
7. Effective leadership means to enable people to give the best of
themselves rather then seek the best for themselves.
8. There is too much sex and violence on TV nowadays.
In my opinion, it is healthy to freely discuss sex, bodily functions,
10. I find it difficult to stick to a diet, to quit smoking, etc.
11. In my opinion, speed limits should be strongly enforced.
12. Parents tend to be too permissive nowadays.
13. I believe that absolute openness and honesty with others is possible.
14. In my opinion, 95% of the important life decisions are based on
15. Too many people nowadays allow others to push them around too
16. Although most people are not, I seem to be quite comfortable with a
long period of silence.
17. I can recall situations where, as a child, other people made me feel
18. Sometimes children need to be slapped on the buttocks for their own
19. We need more rather than less censorship in the movies, TV,
20. Even with strangers, I seldom feel bored, impatient or lonely.
21. I know that sometimes I ought to eat and drink less than I do.
22. The good opinion of others is important.
23. My parents encouraged me to explore and learn things for myself.
24. I get uncomfortable when something unexpected happens.
25. Even when one feels life is not worth living, no one is justified in
26. I try and attend many courses, seminars, lectures, etc.
27. Sometimes I tell myself, “Shut up – you are talking too much“.
28. A remedy for divorce would be to make the conditions more stringent
so that marriage would be considered more seriously.
29. I seldom, if ever blush.
30. Most mistakes result from misunderstanding rather than
31. Tense situations make me feel uncomfortable enough that I must do
something about it.
32. Most youngsters will benefit from obligatory military service.
33. Many times I have had to change my strong convictions as a result of
34. Humility is one of the virtues, perhaps the greatest one.
35. Expressive hair styles seem to have to compensate for small brains
36. Experience is useful but in most instances, it probably needs to be
modified by new facts and information.
37. Marriage between people from different races or countries are
heading for trouble.
38. All work and no play add up to a dull life and that is not the way I
want to live.
39. Sometimes I hear myself say “I do not make the rules, I just follow
40. You can not change human nature.
41. I do not believe that there has to be a natural and un-resolvable
conflict between organisations and individuals.
42. Sometimes I get so discouraged that I want to run away.
43. Capital punishment should never be completely done away with.
44. People should attend church more often.
45. Most decisions carry some consequences and I like to evaluate those
consequences before making a decision.
46. I am concerned about the approval of others.
47. I like to run things, be boss of the situation, take charge.
48. Even at social gatherings I find myself discussing business or
gathering data from magazines and books.
49. Being a subordinate is not that easy but is better than being the
50. I quickly become bored with a situation.
51. I believe that society would be better off if the laws were more
52. I am not ashamed of my tears when I am sad enough to cry, even
when others are around.
53. When I think people are wrong or stupid, I say so.
54. I envy people who quit their career in order to start a new life style.
55. I just cannot trust people like many seem to do.
56. Even though there may be a standard approach to a situation, I like to
figure out new ways.
57. I put things off until they can’t be put off any longer.
58. I am inclined to challenge others, enquiring and become aggressive.
59. Most people are capable of sustained self-direction and control.
60. Things like working in the garden, swimming, sex and other forms of
physical activities make me feel good all over.
61. I get angry or disgusted with someone I think is submissive,
Check the self scoring and the profiles at learningnetworkgroup.com.